It doesn’t matter at all if you are careful or not, you will always lose ping pong balls while playing. Nowadays most ping pong/table tennis tables come with at least 2 ping pong balls. But these are of very low-quality, and cannot endure strong hits as they are not bouncy enough. Some ping pong balls are very lightweight and tend to blow off if they are hit with the racket.
That is why people tend to buy extra ping pong balls. But buying the best ping pong balls for the game is also necessary. High-quality ping pong balls will last longer. They are also able to endure strong hits and have a perfect bounce to them. But finding the best ping pong balls for the game is definitely a tough task, as there are plenty of options in the market. Seeing so many options sometimes confuses ping pong players and they end up buying something that totally messes up their game.
That is why we have reviewed for you 6 of the best table tennis balls available in the market. This will make the task of choosing the best ping pong ball for your game, easier and quicker. The ping pong balls we have reviewed here are simply some of the best and will definitely not disappoint you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Ping Pong Balls on the Markets
- 1.1 1. Stiga Twelve 3-Star Table Tennis Balls
- 1.2 2. Butterfly G40+ 3-Star Poly Table Tennis Balls-White-ITTF Approved
- 1.3 3. GOGO 3-Star 40mm Seamless Table Tennis Balls
- 1.4 4. Xushaofa 40+ Seamless Poly Table Tennis Balls
- 1.5 5. MAPOL 100 Counts 3-Star Orange Practice Ping Pong Balls
- 1.6 6. KEVENZ 60-Pack 3-Star 40+ Table Tennis Balls
- 2 Buying Guide – Ping Pong Balls
- 3 Final Verdict & Editor’s Choice
Best Ping Pong Balls on the Markets
|Balls Name||Color||Pack (pieces)||Best For|
|STIGA 3-Star||Orange/white||6||ITTF regulation size and weight|
|White||12||Approved by ITTF and USATT|
|GOGO 3-Star||Orange/white||144||ITTF regulation size|
|Xushaofa 40+||White||1||ITTF and USATT approved|
|MAPOL 3-Star||Orange||100||Good bounce,More Power|
|KEVENZ 3-Star||Orange||100||Great Spin, Good Control|
First on our list is the Stiga 3-Star table tennis balls. These are very high-quality table tennis balls coming from the Stiga brand. Stiga is a renowned brand in the world of ping pong or table tennis. As it is a 3-star rated ball it is perfect for tournament play.
The balls are approved by United States of America Table Tennis (USATT). The size and weight of the balls have made them IITF approved as well. The orange color of the ping pong balls makes them very visible. There 40mm size make them completely international standard.
The Stiga 3-star table tennis balls provide you with high performance, perfect ball control, and excellent bounce. Every year Stiga has continued to improve its table tennis balls quality, and these ones aren’t any exception.
Key Features and Specification
- Excellent quality makes them perfect for tournament play.
- Comes in a package of 6 balls each with a 3-star rating.
- All the balls are USATT approved.
- The balls are all ITTF approved 40 mm balls.
- All Stiga 3-star balls have perfect control, spin, and bounce as well.
World-renowned table tennis players have preferred the Stiga brand for many years. This is due to their excellent quality and high-performance. It has obtained the trust of customers worldwide for its 3-star rating, so you can choose it too, without a second thought.
Number 4 and our chose are high-grade G40+ table tennis balls by Butterfly. These are currently some of the best table tennis balls available in the market. They come with a 3-star rating, which makes them perfect for any kind of game, be it official or just practice.
The balls are made of high-quality Polystyrene material, making them tough and long-lasting. They come in a visible white color, which makes them attractive as well as detectable during a game.
The balls have a perfect roundness to them and are completely seamless. Each ball has perfect bounce and spin, which is loved by most table tennis players. The balls are also ITTF approved and are used in official tournaments worldwide, for its brilliant control.
Key Features and Specifications
- Each ball has great bounce as they are perfectly round G40+ table tennis balls.
- ITTF approved tournament quality balls.
- High-quality polystyrene made plastic balls.
- Comes in a pack of 12 balls, all made in Germany.
These are high quality and durable balls made by a butterfly. We suggest you buy it as soon as possible, as you will not find a package with such premium quality balls at its current price.
Gogo 3-star 40mm seamless table tennis balls are high-quality premium balls which are perfect for all-around play. The balls come in orange and white color and are used for both international tournaments as well as leisure play. The balls are made of celluloid material, making them extremely lightweight. Being lightweight gives the balls extra bounce which is consistent. The table tennis balls also have perfect spin and longer volleys.
The Gogo 3-star table tennis balls have a seamless 40mm design, making them just the right choice for professional training sessions and any kind of tournament.
The table tennis balls come with a 3-star rating making them the most sort after premium quality balls in the market. Most table tennis players have highly recommended these balls.
Key Features and Specifications
- Comes in a box with 144 ping pong balls bulk.
- Balls come in an orange and white color for easy visibility.
- Just the right choice for most professional tournaments and leisure play as well.
- ITTF approved 40mm seamless balls with a 3-star rating.
The Gogo 3-star 40mm seamless table tennis balls are excellent high-quality ping pong balls bulk, used mainly by beginner level players, who want a taste of playing with tournament quality balls. Its cheap price also makes it a favorite among people who do not want to spend much on a ping pong ball.
Xushaofa 40+ Seamless Poly Table Tennis Balls are consider our fevourite top table tennis or ping pong balls in the market. The balls have a high level of bounce and spin. The balls are also a bit larger in size than other table tennis balls.
The balls are made of a hard plastic material, which is way better than most celluloid made balls available everywhere. The ball does not have altering trajectory which is very surprising indeed.
As the balls are seamless, they do not have any kind of wobble or any other effects during play. As these are 40+ 3-star rated balls, they have the perfect bounce to them, which is perfect for official tournaments or practice games.
Key Features and Specifications
- Made of the high quality plastic material.
- More durable and safe than regular celluloid balls.
- Approved by both USATT and ITTF.
- The most highly advanced table tennis ball available in the market with a 3-star rating.
The Xushaofa 40+ Seamless Poly Table Tennis Balls are long lasting balls. They are used by highly professional players and is the go-to ball if you are looking for high-quality industry standard balls.
Number 5 and other ping pong balls bulk on our list are skill developing ping pong balls by Mapol. Mapol 3-star advance training ping pong balls are used by players in training, who want to improve their table tennis skills. If the balls are ever lost or out of reach, they can be easily found, due to their noticeable orange color.
The balls have a good spin on them and are extremely bouncy. Control is admirable as well. There is no doubt these are quality balls by Mapol, which has been a trusted ping pong ball brand for years.
The balls are also very smooth to hold and thus feel comfortable in any hand. The perfect power and spin the Mapol 3-star table tennis balls provide simply makes them perfect for any kind of professional game of table tennis.
Key Features and Specifications
- 40 mm smooth table tennis balls.
- Highly-advanced training balls.
- Good power, fine bounce, and perfect spin.
- 3-star rating makes them high and premium quality.
Most players nowadays prefer balls by Mapol for its moderate to a decent performance in any kind of table tennis game or tournament. Maple is a trusted brand among table tennis players, so don’t hesitate and buy them now.
These highly responsive balls are used by both casual and professional players. They come in orange and white colors, which are highly visible colors during a game of table tennis. The balls work fine for skill improving but are not perfect for official tournaments. The balls help the player feel comfortable during a game.
If you try to compare this with other models in its price range, the KEVENZ 3-Star 40mm Table Tennis Balls will definitely get an upper hand, in terms of quality, durability, and performance.
Key Features and Specifications
- Comes in an attractive orange and white color.
- Perfect for training use, beginners practice or with robots.
- Can withstand 1000 impacts and will last you longer.
- Comes in a package of 600, 3-star rated 40mm balls.
Though these are high-quality balls, they are not for use by novice players. The KEVENZ 3-Star 40mm Table Tennis Balls are just perfect for official games, as they are ITTF approved. These sturdy table tennis balls are a must buy.
Buying Guide – Ping Pong Balls
What material is it made out from?
Ping pong balls are either made from Polystyrene (poly) or celluloid. Polystyrene balls should be a perfect choice as they are Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) approved and are high-quality. Polystyrene ping pong balls are environmentally friendly and are easy to carry around or transport. Polystyrene ping pong balls are used in official events across the world. Celluloid ping pong balls are preferred by those who want the cheaper priced ball. But cheap price also comes with cheap quality in the case of celluloid material balls. So, it will be best if you stick to polystyrene plastic ping pong balls.
Color of the ping pong ball
Only white and orange ping pong balls are used for most official ping pong tournaments or events. These two colors are chosen basically because these balls are easy to detect by your eyes. But if you are unofficially playing a game just for fun, you can choose ping pong balls of any color.
Rating system for ping pong balls
When you want to purchase some ping pong balls and go through all the options, you will definitely notice that each type of ping pong ball has a rating. This rating system consists of star ratings for the ball. A three-star rated ball will be of the highest quality and a one star rated ball will be of the lowest quality. Most table tennis players prefer 3-star ping pong balls for a heavy game of table tennis. 1 or 2 stars rated ping pong balls are usually used for practice sessions. There are also practice balls which come with no rating of any kind. To make it easier for you to understand, which ball to choose, here are a few things to consider:
- 3-star rated balls are very firm and of the highest quality. It is used for official table tennis tournaments and is also ITTF approved.
- 2-star rated balls are firmer than 1 star rated balls and are of medium quality. This kind of balls is used for practice, or for training robots.
- 1-star rated balls are not firm at all and are very soft. They are ideal for novice level ping pong players or kids.
- Practice balls or training balls usually come with no rating system. This types of balls are perfect for leisure play or unprofessional players. These kind of ping pong balls are usually very lightweight and not that durable. They break if you hit them hard.
- Novelty balls have no star rating but are rated from soft to very hard. These are for leisure play as well. They come in mixed packs and should never be used for play in tournaments.
If you consider the above points carefully, then you will easily be able to buy the best ping pong balls for a good game of table tennis. You additionally need to ensure a sports backpack for your needs you can also explorer here.
Final Verdict & Editor’s Choice
The best table tennis balls have to be seamless balls, as they have fewer chances of breaking and have been manufactured from high-quality polystyrene. Also make sure that the rating is not below 2 stars, as this kind of balls is usually very low-quality. Always make sure that the balls you have purchased, are not overpriced. High price doesn’t always mean they will provide you with high quality.
From our list of top 6 best ping pong balls, the Butterfly G40+ 3 Star Table Tennis Balls – 3 Star will be the perfect choice for both professional and novice level players. If you treat these balls well they will last you longer.
Lastly, try to choose a ball according to your preferences. A ball might have a 3-star or higher rating, but it might not suit you. Always make sure you are comfortable with the ball you are playing with. Hope our article was informative and helpful.